Material Texture Loader 1.40: 3ds Max script for PBR texturing workflow
The Material Texture Loader is a 3ds Max script, designed to quickly load in textures, create a material and apply that to your scene. It works both with PBR, Specular and Metallic workflows, but it can be used for any type of texture that needs to be loaded as part of a material.
Support Vray(3,4,5), Corona(5,6), Redhift, Arnold, FStorm, Octane, Physical and Standard materials.
Compatible with 3ds max 2016 to 2022.
- Texture channel recognition based on industry standard name filters and customizable names.
- Create all required maps with correct gamma for each corresponding material channel.
- Live texture loading and material map editing, like TriPlanar, Real-world and Random mapping controls, Composite maps for AO and Bump maps, Blur filtering, IOR, Color Correction maps and much more.
- Link Mapping and Coordinates for all bitmap and triplanar maps of the same material.
- Instant UDIM textures set loading and material creation (Arnold and Fstrom not yet supported).
- Easily apply materials to Selected object, Material editor or Drag and Drop functionality.
- Add displacement and UVW Map modifiers and control the displacement height and offset.
- Choose between Vray, Corona, Redshift, Arnold, FStorm, Physical and Standard,texture maps and materials.
- Save and load Presets.
When you load in a set of textures, the maxscript will put textures into a material slot based on certain name conventions that are present in the filename. So textures that have 'color' or 'albedo' in there name will go into the fiffuse slot, 'refl' or 'spec' named textures go into the reflection slot, etc.
You can manually select or de-select textures from any material slot and once you are happy you can select a bitmap and material type, along with a host of other settings. All settings, including textures and bitmap types can be changed live after creation.
Once the material is created you can apply the material into your scene or material editor.
Gamma for the texture channels set automatically. Diffuse, Reflection Translucency and Emmision channels are set to gamma 2.2 or sRGB color space. All other gamma values are set to 1.0 or linear color space.
The material texture loader gives the user the ability to add triplanar mapping to all texurtes as well as link Cropping and UVW Coordinates, so when you need to adjust these settings, changes will be applied to all created textures at once. This is very especially useful when working with atlas textures. But it speeds up pretty much the whole material creation process.
If you have any suggestions, feature request, or bug reports, please email me to the address provided in Support.txt. Future updates will come soon.