Material Texture Loader 1.703: 3ds Max script for PBR texturing workflow
The Material Texture Loader is a 3ds Max script designed to quickly load in textures, create a material and apply that to your scene. It works both with PBR, Specular and Metallic workflows, but it can also be used for any type of texture that needs to be loaded as part of a material.
Support Vray(v3-6), Corona(v5-9), Redshift, Arnold, FStorm, Octane, PBR, Physical and Standard materials and maps.
Compatible with 3ds max 2016 to 2023.
Instant Material Creation
- Texture channel recognition
- Per channel, gamma correction, color adjustment and ACES color space
- Specular and Metallic workflow support
- Settings for color, reflection, glossiness, IOR, ID and 2-Sided materials
Advanced maps setups
- Real-world, tri-planar and random mapping
- Uvw parameter linking between channels
- Color/ao, normal/bump and specular/metallic compositing maps
- UDIM support
- Settings for blur, channel, mapping size, rotation and random rotation
Live update and editing
- Instant rebuilding of textures, maps and parameters
- Quick texture selection per channel
- Per channel strength adjustment
- Switch between presets
- Show material preview and texture channels in viewport
Easily apply and save materials
- Include uvw and displacement modifiers on material assignment
- Add materials and maps to Slate or Compact material editors
- Save to material library
- Save thumbnail render
When you load in a set of textures, the maxscript will put textures into a material slot based on certain name conventions that are present in the filename. So textures that have 'color' or 'albedo' in there name will go into the diffuse slot, 'refl' or 'spec' named textures go into the reflection slot, etc.
You can manually select or de-select textures from any material slot and once you are happy you can select a bitmap and material type, along with a host of other settings. All settings, including textures and bitmap types can be changed live after creation.
Once the material is created you can apply the material into your scene or material editor.
Gamma for the texture channels is set automatically. Diffuse, Reflection Translucency and Emmision channels are set to gamma 2.2 or sRGB color space. All other gamma values are set to 1.0 or linear color space. For Vray 5 and 6 you can now also set color space to ACES.
The material texture loader gives the user the ability to add triplanar and random rotation mapping to all textures as well as link Cropping and UVW Coordinates, so when you need to adjust these settings, changes will be applied to all created textures at once. This is very especially useful when working with atlas textures. But it speeds up pretty much the whole material creation process.
If you have any suggestions, feature request, or bug reports, please email me to the address provided in Support.txt. Future updates will come soon.